The SMART Leadership Program (SMART Lead) is a coaching and training program designed to cultivate and increase the capacity, confidence, and influence of key team members.
FOR COMPANY TEAMS: This program is for companies looking at Phase 2 and Impeachment Transitions, for the leadership and management teams to accommodate that growth. It is focused on leadership through the lens of business so we’ll be bringing in (or designing) your existing business initiatives, developing them, and tracking them as your financial ROI for the program. This program is suitable for Entrepreneurial teams, C Suite teams, department heads, and groups looking to collaborate at their best.
Everything that makes a good leader is teachable and learnable. How cool is that? Why it hasn’t been part of a standard curriculum in high school or available in college (until very recently – Harvard leadership training began in 2014, starting at $15k) is a conversation for another day. For our purposes, HOORAY!!!! We’re going to take you through the five core Elements of SMART Leadership and help you build and hone these skills. We will be using a combination of online and off-line resources, Zoom video meetings, study teams, your course curriculum, and homework (your private work.) We’ll have learning pods, discussions, Hot Seats and, live Q&A. You’ll be meeting roughly every week for 6 months with a short break in the middle. Leadership 1.0 and 2.0 are twelve short weeks each and fly like the wind so if you just moaned either stop immediately and suck it up or please do not join.
Leadership 1.0: 3 months
This program is designed for the frustrated leader and the leader to be. The multi-platform design makes it useful for late twenty-somethings through… still willing to learn? It’s suitable for anyone looking to grow themselves. There are no prerequisites. You can’t lead others until you know yourself well enough to do it with confidence. That is the core purpose of this course. The secondary purpose is to get you familiar with the concepts and dynamics that we’ll build on from here.
- Self Awareness and its Value
- Getting to know Your Saboteurs
- Embracing the Performance Stress Curve
- SCARF, A Model for Collaborating with and Influencing Others
- Habits for being Real Time Present
- Some Science about Neural Pathways & Energy
- Future Pacing, Balance the Wheel, & Time Management
- Why Knowing Your Values is Important
- Getting to know Your Values
- Resilience: Where Are You Now, How can you Build It
- Tenacity: Where Are You Now, How can you Build It
Leadership 2.0: 3 months
This program is designed for the young leader and the tired leader. It’s suitable for anyone looking to grow themselves. The prerequisite is successful completion of the above TEAMS Leadership program. The core purpose of this course is to take the skills of self-awareness and self-management recently honed in 1.0 and turning them to the world around you; to support your team(s) in their development and your success with delegation, critical conversation skills, honing your ability to influence and your self confidence. The secondary purpose is to share dozens of practical tools on everything from streamlined meeting structure to frameworks for consistent, kick ass outcome creation.
- Creating accountability, communication, and inquiry in others.
- Taking self-leadership into work and having it influence your company culture.
- Human Needs Inventory
- Mental Rehearsal Checklist
- Levels of Listening & Listening Skills and Tools
- The Structure of a Coaching Conversation
- The 3R Rewiring Process
- A collection of effective tools: meetings, giving and receiving feedback, handling conflict, responding to requests not met, creating a cadence of responsibility
- Influence, what’s working, what’s not
- Energy management practices
- The value of rituals
Outcomes/ Your Learning
- What every human craves at a primal level, and how to provide it
- How the brain works under stress, in creativity, in change, and when learning and how to keep it “happy”
- How to shift the brain from fear and resistance to enthusiasm and innovation
- A framework to make your team more productive every time
- What stress and adrenal fatigue does to our intelligence
- Using your body to change your mood, your health, and your influence
Company TEAMS programs begin with 1:1 interviews with the key players after which we usually initiate a 1 to 3 day onsite. You may also come to our facility here on Saint Simons Island. Start dates will vary based on the quay.
To Learn more or sign up, call the office or shoot us an email and we’ll get you started. Classes start roughly every 14 weeks and there is usually a wait so if you’re interested you’ll want to let us know now.